URGENT – Maximize Savings with NEM 2.0 for Your California Solar System
The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) has approved a new net energy metering policy, NEM 3.0, which will apply to customers of Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E), Southern California Edison (SCE), and San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) with solar systems.
However, CalState Solar can help these customers reserve their NEM 2.0 rates by submitting a complete interconnection application for a new solar system or add-on solar panels before the deadline of 13 April 2023.
This will allow customers to continue receiving the higher export rates offered under NEM 2.0 rather than, the lower export rates of NEM 3.0, which are based on an “Avoided Cost Calculator” and are expected to be roughly 75% lower than NEM 2.0 rates. As a result, CalState Solar can help solar owners in California maximize their cost savings and minimize the payback period for their solar and battery storage systems.
- Customers who lock in NEM 2.0 rates will receive higher export rates for excess electricity produced by their solar systems compared to the lower export rates of NEM 3.0
- Locking in NEM 2.0 rates will result in shorter payback periods and higher cost savings for solar owners.
- Customers can take advantage of the current federal solar tax credit of 30%, which is set to expire in 2032
- Customers who lock in NEM 2.0 rates will not be subject to any new charges or fees, also known as “solar taxes,” under NEM 3.0
- Low-income and multi-family residential customers can receive additional incentives for going solar under NEM 2.0
- Customers can also participate in virtual net metering, which allows multiple customers to share the benefits of a single solar system under NEM 2.0.
Now is the time for California solar owners to take advantage of NEM 2.0 and lock in higher export rates for their excess electricity. By submitting a deposit with CalState Solar, we can complete the interconnection application for a new solar system or add-on system before 13 April 2023. So don’t miss out on these benefits – act now to secure NEM 2.0 rates for your solar system.